Vancouver Association For Restorative Justice Job Opportunity
The Vancouver Association of Restorative Justice (VARJ) is seeking a skilled and energetic individual with experience in project management and event and/or theatre production to coordinate our Restorative Justice Radio Play Project from October 15, 2019 – March 31, 2020. The project coordinator will work collaboratively with the VARJ Board Project Management Committee and the playwright to produce educational resources (published script, radio play performance and online resources) that highlight the process and benefits of restorative justice.
Position Title: VARJ Radio Play Project Coordinator
Start Date: October 15, 2019 (flexible start date)
End Date: March 31, 2020
Hours: Approximately 300 hours total
Compensation: $7,500 (paid in 3 installments)
VARJ works to advance public awareness of the principles, values and practice of restorative justice and to facilitate restorative justice program development in Canada, internationally, and the City of Vancouver (see www.varj.ca). VARJ has commissioned a playwright to write a radio play to educate the public about restorative justice processes. The script will be published in hard copy and online, and will be performed for the public in late March 2020. We seek a coordinator to lead the project logistics, facilitate the production and recording of a public reading of the play, to manage production and publication of the script and coordinate volunteers involved in the project.
Dates and Time
During fall 2019 the Project Coordinator will become familiar with the project, attend monthly project team meetings and begin working on project logistics. The project work will require more time between early January, 2020 to March 31, 2020 when the project coordinator will manage project logistics, including supervising the design and publication of the script, the rehearsal process, and the public radio play performance, performance recording/filming and post performance talkback and follow-up.
- To coordinate all project logistics with support from VARJ board members
- To attend meetings with the VARJ Board Project Management Committee, and liaise with the playwright and other project stakeholders
- To assist with the script development in collaboration with the playwright
- To oversee the design, production and publication of the script
- To recruit and supervise volunteers to support the project, including the public reading
- To facilitate the rehearsals for the public reading
- To coordinate the public reading event and the post-reading talk back
- To oversee filming and recording of the event
- To work within the project budget and track expenses
- Project management skills
- Experience implementing community programs
- Experience with event and/or theatre production
- Ability to manage a group of volunteers and facilitate a community talkback
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, able to work within designated timelines
- Good communication skills for liaising with VARJ board project management team, playwright, stakeholders and volunteers
- Good written communication skills for script editing, publishing process and project reporting
- Experience in filming and film editing would be an asset
- Knowledge of restorative justice would be an asset
Submission of application
Please apply by Email, using the subject line VARJ Project Coordinator Application to email@example.com. Attach a cover letter and resume with the names and contact information for three references We thank all applicants but, due to time constraints, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview. Interviews will be scheduled between mid-September and early October.